The Great Antiques Trail – Buying trips with a difference!
“The Great Antiques Trail” is a real chance for all those interested in antiques, whether it be for trade, commercial or private reasons and irrespective of whether they are oversea buyers visiting the UK or home visitors, to experience first hand the opportunities, delights and tremendous value that can be found amongst independent antique dealers dealing and plying their trade through a variety of antique outlets situated in the Suffolk, Essex, Cambridge and East Anglia regions of the UK.
Those “enlisting” for “The Great Antiques Trail” will have a truly memorable and unforgettable day – its an Antiques Road Trip with a differance, during which they will visit at least 3 major Antique Centres, Shops and other outlets where they will have the opportunity to see over 100+ different Dealers stock of fine Antique Furniture & Collectables , including Artwork, Lighting, Jewellery and other related items covering all periods from the 16th Century onwards and of course, have the opportunity to buy such, often at greatly discounted “trade” prices.
Those participating will be accompanied and have the services and advice throughout the day of a personal guide – a professional Antiques Dealer – to assist and call on when needed.
Each trip is personally planned so as to cater for the specific needs and interests of those attending. In this regard,you will be first met on the day at a pre-arranged time and collection/meeting point and returned to the same at the end of the day. Initially there will be coffee (or tea if preferred) at the premises and showrooms of Bumpstead Antiques and Interiors where there will be the opportunity to browse and view the wide variety of stock on display over a coffee or tea and light refreshments whilst also having an informal talk about antiques generally and discussing any particular preferences you have for the day.
Thereafter, you will be chauffeured to the first of as many other professional shops and outlets as your guide can sensibly take you too, having regard to time and your preferences as stated. At each venue you will be left to browse freely through the same. Should you wish to seek the help and advice of your Guide on any items that you are interested in at any time, he will be on hand to assist, even to the extent (should you so wish) of negotiating on your behalf the best “trade” price of any item(s) you wish to buy so as to ensure you always get the “best price” available. Such discounts alone can often cover the cost of the day!
During the day, in addition to visiting no less than 3 major Antique Centres and outlets as stated, you will also have the opportunity of lunching at a local hostelry, typically, a “local” English pub renowned for its good and traditional food, drink and value, should you so wish. Time permitting, in the afternoon you will also have the opportunity of partaking in a complimentary English “Cream Tea” or other refreshments depending on the locality at the time.
THE OPPORTUNITIES provided by “the Great Antiques Trail” to see and buy at “trade price” a wide variety of Antiques and Collectables are immense, the choice and selection innumerable and the available advice and assistance, coupled with the potential savings, invaluable. This is a real opportunity to see and buy antiques on a pre-planned and fully accompanied antiques trail in one of the most comprehensive historic and popular picturesque areas, renowned for its Antiques, in the UK, an area which is still often referred to as “Lovejoy Country” after the lovable rogue of the renowned 1980/90’s TV programme of the same name, and an area that is often featured in many of the programmes on antiques that appear daily on prime time TV today. Don’t miss it!! COST per person is just £95.00 per day trip.
The number of persons permitted for each day is limited to a maximum of 4 to ensure that a personal service is always given and maintained. Each participant needs to be fit and able as the day is, by its very nature, full in activity and sights.
Should you wish to extend your trip to explore further the historic, picturesque and beautiful area of Suffolk, Cambridge and Essex and the towns and villages visited and through which you will travel, then we can advise further and even arrange B&B or hotel accomodation for you at a separate cost to you if required.
BOOKING for “The Great Antiques Trail” is easy…
To book your “Great Antiques Trail” contact Bumpstead Antiques & Interiors – www.bumpsteadantiques.co.ukCall Us Contact Us
A minimum, non-refundable deposit of £50.00 per person is payable at the time of booking and the balance is then payable on the day. Please make cheque payments to Graham Hessell (reference “TAGT”). Bank details will be supplied on request if advance payment is to be by direct bank transfer/telegraphic transfer. Credit and debit cards are also acceptable as methods of payment on the day.
The cost of £95.00 includes:
1. The starting point for your day is at Bumpstead Antiques & Interiors, Blois Meadow Business Centre, Blois Road, Steeple Bumpstead, Nr Haverhill, Suffolk. Alternatively we can arrange for you to be collected or met at your hotel or other accomodation should you so wish or perhaps be met at a local railway station such as Audley End, Nr. Saffron Walden, Essex or Cambridge Central -such will be at additional cost to yourself. These stations are approximately 30 – 40 minutes journey time from London’s Kings Cross/St. Pancreas main line station or Liverpool Street Station. If travelling by car, Steeple Bumpstead/Bumpstead Antiques & Interiors is approximately 65 miles from Central London and journey time is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes (traffic permitting).
2. Tea or Coffee and light refreshments on arrival and an initial talk on Antiques and discussion.
3. Chauffeurred vehicle with introductions and accompaniment throughout the day to at least 3 professional Antique Centres, Shops and/or other outlets.
4. The services, advice and negotiating skills (if required) of your guide – a professional Antiques Dealer.
5. English Cream Tea or other refreshments in the afternoon (time permitting) and a chance to “catch your breath”.
6. Return to Steeple Bumpstead or other preferred and pre-arranged drop off/collection point at the end of the day.
7. N.B. Collection/delivery of items purchased can be discussed and/or arranged seperately if neccessary on the day if required.. In this regard we have full access to delivery Couriers and World wide Shippers.